Revision of by-laws
PACIFIC SOUTHWEST RAILWAY MUSEUM ASSN., INC.
ARTICLE II. MEMERSHIP
Section 1. There shall be four classes of regular and two classes of associate membership.
Section 2. The regular member ships are as follows:
- ANNUAL MEMBERS shall be individuals which shall pay such dues as shall be from time to time established by the regular membership and they shall have and enjoy during each quarter for which dues are paid all the rights and priviledges of regular membership.
- SUSTAINING MEMBERSHIPS shall be persons, firms, corporations, and other groups who wish to assist in the purpose of the association. They shall pay such dues as shall from time to time be established by the regular membership and have and enjoy during the year for which dues are paid all the rights and priviledges of regular membership.
- LIFE MEMBERS shall pay in advance the sun of Six-hundred dollars and shall have and enjoy during the remainder of their natural life all the rights and privileges of regular membership.
- PATRONS shall be selected by the Board of Directors from among those persons who shall have contributed to the association in cash or its equivalent not less than Twelve-hundred dollars. Patrons shall have and enjoy during the reminder of their natural life all the rights and privileges of regular membership.
Section 3. The Associate Memberships are as follows:
- CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS shall be any individual wishing to participate in the activities of or assist the Association without having the full responsibilities of regular membership. All members under the age of Eighteen years shall also hold a contributing membership. Contributing members shall pay such dues as shall from time to time be established by the regular membership. Contributing members shall at no time have the right to vote or the privilege of holding office.
- HONORARY MEMBERS shall be persons, firms, corporations, or other groups that have contributed a service to the association that has been judged by the board of directors to be worthy of this honor.
Section 4. Regular Membership provisions are as follows:
- Regular members shall be persons 18 years of age or older, except that Sustaining Memberships may be held by firms, corporations, ect. Firms, corporations, ect, holding sustaining memberships are entitled to no more than one vote.
- A six month probation period is required before any person is eligible for regular membership. During the probation period a person shall be considered an associate member.
- Any regular member in GOOD STANDING shall have full voting rights and the privilege of holding any office.
- Each application for regular membership must be approved by a majority vote of the board of directors.
- Membership in this association constitutes agreement to abide by the rules, regulations, by-laws, and the orders of lawfully constituted association authorities.
- Conviction in a court of law resulting in loss of rights of citizenship and/or from causes arising from offenses against this association shall terminate membership.
- Any membership shall be terminated upon death, resignation, or on good cause by a two-thirds vote of all regular members. Voting must be by mail and must be by secret ballot.
- Any member, having charges brought against him or her that could result in the loss of membership, may request and receive a special hearing.
1. The assistance of any person may be requested for the presentation of a case or defense.
2. Any member faced with the loss of membership must be so notified by typewritten letter to be sent by registered mail with a return receipt requested.
BACK HOME EXCURSIONS GALLERY FAQ HISTORY STORIES SOUNDS LINKS